What is Proquestor Fulrad?
Fulrad is the ESF-accountability instrument built by Stachanov.
The subsidy donor’s demands of the ESF administration are very high:
The administration has to be transparent, integral, and controllable, and has to be an intrinsic part of subsidy requests.
Stachanov has developed a system voor UWV specifically, and ESF receivers in general, to satisfy these high demands: Fulrad ESF.
The European Social Fund (ESF) disburses resources to The Netherlands towards social activation of clients, administered in part through UWV. Fulrad is the instrument that accounts for these distributed resources in a comprehensive and airtight manner.
How is Proquestor Fulrad built?
Proquestor Fulrad is a completely web-based application, built using our homemade Proquestor platform.
Access is available to UWV employees and third-party colleagues such as accountants.
Fulrad is based on workflows. Every project or file follows its own train tracks, as it were. Every project or file has a status; it is “somewhere”, at a certain station. To get from one station to the next, a certain action has to be adequately completed, for instance by filling out a form or by approving something. The dashboard gives a clear overview of the entire railroad network, revealing the location of each train.
Work process project:
Work process ESF file:
Workflow ESF Talent55+:
How has Stachanov implemented this for UWV?
It all starts with the existing operating procedures outlined in the GRC. This is an internal protocol stipulating the work methods of the institution, UWV in this case. Matters such as “who decides on a schooling request?”, or “How can Brussels exercise control within UWV to account for its schooling files?” are detailed herein. With some organisations this is a polished handbook, for others such a clearly written procedure might still be absent.
To build Proquestor Fulrad, we worked together with UWV to come to a complete GRC. This has subsequently been translated to a workflow that makes up the core of Proquestor Fulrad. It follows that Proquestor Fulrad is completely tailor-made.
The Fulrad system puts data to a database that were previously saved in spreadsheets.
How does Proquestor Fulrad work?
The client’s GRC determines the exact configuration of our platform. What are the inputs and outputs and how do they interrelate? Who can do what within the system? Which forms and steps are important to what people? The answers to these questions co-create the custom-built workflow.
All steps and documentation within the system are done through PDF-file submission. These are distributed on a need-to-know basis, which means that only the relevant steps and documentation are visible to the relevant persons at the appropriate times. This keeps the justification of ESF resources simple and manageable. This serves all parties involved, and, not in the least, those active in the political field.
What does Proquestor Fulrad adhere to?
Proquestor Fulrad covers all important laws and bylaws, as well as the relevant ISO norms, but it also complies with the e-cohesion principles stipulated by the directorate of regional policy in Brussels.
- e-Submission: everything digital, including the application process
- e-Signature: electronic autographs
- e-Storage: electronic document archive
- Only-once encoding: recurring data need only by entered once
- Interoperability: SFC2007, SFC2014, electronic communication with Brussels
- Audit trail: being able to see who did what, and when
- Paperless office: completely paper-free
What makes Proquestor Fulrad unique?
- Fulrad gets rid of expensive and incomplete paper accounts, which require even costlier advisors to make sense of. Fulrad’s output is transparent, commands intrinsic validation mechanisms and is a ready-to-go sign-off system for the register accountant. In essence it is a tailor-made ESF-bookkeeping package.
- Fulrad is almost exclusively made up of open-source elements, which makes it much cheaper than other systems which require expensive licenses to construct.
- The bookkeeping is completely integrated. Nothing happens outside the system.
- From application, to management, to end reporting: the entire accounting cycle is digital.
Waarom is Stachanov zo geschikt om dit te bouwen?
Not only are we a highly qualified technical firm that adheres to ISO standards, we’ve also got extensive knowledge of the matter itself, namely UWV and its products, and we make use of a high-end co-location. We know what we are talking about, and offer, besides a platform, client-specific implementation with full servicing well after the job is “done”.
Why is Stachanov zo suited to maintain this?
Implementation is a completely different playing field than servicing and hosting. Service Level Agreements, or SLAs, are taken seriously by us and meticulously executed. This means, very concretely, that maintenance tasks, such as performance monitoring and periodic availability reporting, are performed at scheduled moments as stipulated in the SLAs.
Our help desk consists of experts that know UWV through and through, and are accessible through phone or email 9 hours per day. It follows from the availability reports for all Proquestor installations that Stachanov realised an up-time of 99,7% in 2013.
Service matters such as hosting, functional help, internet management, change management, and service request management all adhere to strict procedures that are completely clear, transparent and accessible to the client. The client can, at all times, see what we’re working on through Jira, our workload management system.
In addition, we take care of the following backups simultaneously:
- Daily, four-hour mirroring of the database at “location A”
- Weekly backups of the system and database at “location B”
- Monthly hard-disc backups of the system and database in a safe at “secret location C”
- Monthly transferal of the system and database to live pseudo Escro at “location D”
- Quarterly hand-over of a physical DVD with the backups of the database to UWV
“Location A” runs two systems: the acceptance environment and the product environment. This ensures that changes only take effect when the client is satisfied with them.